Real Estate can sometimes lack a Certificate of Occupancy. This usually occurs when a previous owner performed renovations without permits. It is possible to get a Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) by hiring an engineer to check if the building is up to code, and by performing any and all recommended repairs or corrections necessary to comply with codes

Schmitt Engineering has an expediter on staff.

We can help you with your permits and other paperwork necessary for State, County and local building departments. Homeowners who intend to put their property on the market, and think they may not have a “C of O” can hire Schmitt Engineering.

Having a Certificate of Occupancy in place will help your real estate sale go smoothly.

Schmitt Engineering Expediting
Contact Us